Event Charity Partner - Cudgen S.L.S.C.
The Cudgen Headland SLSC has a fine tradition of patrolling the Kingscliff Beach, allowing families and holidaymakers to serenely enjoy their time on the beach.
The Kingscliff Triathlon was created with the assistance of the Cudgen Headland SLSC and the level of water safety management provided has been acclaimed as one of the best of any Triathlon event in Australia.
The organisers of the Kingscliff Triathlon are proud to fundraise for much needed water safety equipment for rescue craft.
For each event, the Cudgen Headland SLSC provides water safety and manage associated risk with water based racing, including:
- Obtain SLS NSW Event Permit
- Identify hazards within set course prior to commencement of race
- Set course with suitable flags, markers, buoys to identify the course, bridge and hazards
- Secure radio communications using Surf Command and VMR Channels
- Shark monitoring through VMR Tower at Cudgel Creek
- Provide motorised rescue craft – water & land buggy
- Provide only fully qualified life savers
- Provide in water rescue life savers
- Provide two first aid posts (SLS staff), one on the ramp, one mobile with Defib, Spinal and Oxygen
For each event, a minimum of 20 staff from the Cudgen Surf Life Saving Club are on site to ensure the safety of all participants. They have five boards per leg of the swim, two jetskis through and two IRB’s at the most remote points of the swim turn.