Road Closures & Parking
We understand that this event disrupts the usual flow of traffic, and appreciate your cooperation and patience throughout the duration of the event. Every effort is being made in order to consider individual circumstances and minimise the inconvenience placed on the community.
The following roads will be closed on Sunday:
- Marine Parade from Moss St to Turnock St: 4.30am - 1.00pm
- Marine Parade from Turnock St to Wommin Bay Rd: 6.00am - 1.00pm
- Pearl St: 6.00am - 11.00am
- Wommin Bay Rd: 6.00am - 11.00am
- Chinderah Bay Dr from Wommin Bay to dead end: 7.00am - 11.00am
- Moss St: 6.00am-1.00pm
- Sutherland St from Moss St to Salt roundabout: 6.00am - 1.00pm
- Sutherland Point Rd: 6.00am - 1.00pm
- Cudgen Creek Boardwalk (no access): 6.30am - 1.00pm
There will be traffic diversions and change of conditions from 6am until 1pm, or when the last competitor has finished the race. To avoid any confusion there will be:
- Flashing VMS signs off the highway directing traffic to the southern exit.
- Detour signs from council.
- Barricading to ensure cars, bikes and runners don't meet.
- Traffic Flow Maps.
Traffic will be diverted as follows:
- SALT - allow traffic northbound along Casuarina Way from roundabout of Point Break Drive to Sutherland Street.
- CUDGEN ROAD - divert traffic inbound from TAFE into Turnock Street.
- SEAVIEW STREET - divert traffic outbound from Kingscliff to Turnock Street or into Boomerang Street.
- KINGSCLIFF STREET - divert outbound traffic from Pearl Street to Turnock Street.
- WAUGH STREET - divert southbound to Fingal access ramp to freeway.
- WAUGH STREET - divert north bound traffic back onto freeway.
- CHINDERAH BAY DRIVE - divert southbound traffic to Waugh freeway access or back to Fingal freeway access.
- FINGAL ROUNDABOUT NEAR BRIDGE - divert south bound traffic to freeway.
- CHINDERAH RD NEAR ROUNDABOUT UNDER FREEWAY - divert river bound traffic back to freeway.
Parking will be limited in Kingscliff and it is suggested that athletes car pool where possible. Parking will not be available on the course, or in some of the streets adjacent to Marine Parade, such as Pearl Street or Seaview Street. It is strictly forbidden to park in the Kingscliff Shopping Village, and cars will be towed. All parking regulations will apply during the event and Council inspectors and Police will be monitoring the area.
Event car parks: one on Marine Parade (access before 6:30am), one at St Anthony's Primary School, one at Kingscliff Beach Bowls Club.
IMPORTANT NOTE road will be closed from 6am until the last competitor is finished. Full maps available on the website.
Please read the notice to residents for further information about the event, and any disruptions it may cause.
For further details on the road closure times, please click here.
Traffic Control Plan
Parking & Access