We understand that this event disrupts the usual flow of traffic, and appreciate your cooperation and patience throughout the duration of the event. Every effort is being made to consider individual circumstances and minimise the inconvenience placed on the community.
There will be traffic diversions and change of conditions from 6.00AM until the last competitor has finished the race (estimated at 12.30PM).
To avoid any confusion there will be:
- Special event signage posted throughout the community in advance of the event
- Flashing VMS signs off the highways directing traffic to the southern exit
- Detour signage on the event day
- Barricading to ensure care, cyclists and runners don't meet.
Traffic will be diverted as follows:
- Salt - allow traffic northbound along Casuarina Way from roundabout of Point Break Drive to Sutherland Street
- Cudgen Road - divert traffic inbound from TAFE into Turnock Street
- Seaview Street - divert traffic outbound from Kingscliff to Turnock Street or into Boomerang Street
- Kingscliff Street - divert otbound traffic from Pearl Street to Turnock Street
- Waugh Street - divert south bound to Fingal access ramp to freeway
- Waugh Street - divert north bound traffic back onto freeway
- Chinderag Bay Drive - divert south bound traffic to Waugh Street freeway access or back to Fingal freeway access
- Fingal Roundabout near bridge - divert south bound traffic to freeway
- Chinderah Road near roundabout under freeway - divert river bound traffic back to freeway