Hi Everyone

Based on Federal Government advice effective 13.03.2020 this event is on hold as we work with our partners on a rescheduled date. Click here for more details.
NXsports

 
1300 28 29 49

Athlete Update: Thursday 19 March 4.00pm (NSW)

The last few days have been challenging not only for sports and events, but also our friends, families and local communities. It appears these upsets may continue for some time and I extend our organisation’s sympathy to all those affected.

It saddens us that we will not be hosting the Kingscliff Triathlon on 22 March 2020 as originally planned and our position remains:

The Kingscliff Triathlon is on hold and we are close to finalising a rescheduled date. Until such time a date can be confirmed, new and existing participant entries will remain on hold. 

If you would like to discuss the event further, please call myself or the team any time on 1300 282 949.

P.S. For all those of you who are still planning on heading to Kingy this weekend regardless of the Tri, the weather is great at the moment (what better way to self isolate!). 

Stay healthy.

Mike Crawley | Race Director



Athlete Update: Saturday 14 March 3.00pm (NSW)

Yesterday's Federal Government advice regarding 'gatherings of more than 500 people' frankly felt like a whirlwind, with messages from all tiers of Government and stakeholders doing back flips within hours. So I do apologise if there has been any confusion in our messages to you thus far.

Respectfully to our participants, friends, families, volunteers and locals, NXsports has resolved for public safety, participant safety and supporter safety that the Kingscliff Triathlon scheduled for 22 March is on hold - until a suitable Sunday is confirmed to which the Tri will be postponed. I can advise that:

  • We have worked closely with Tweed Shire Council to come to the decision to put people's well-being first and to not proceed with the March 21/22 date;
  • We will be working with New South Wales Police, Tweed Shire Council, RMS and other stakeholders to gain necessary approvals and permits for the new date;
  • We are seeking a suitable new date that avoids the next three months of expected 'no major events under Federal Government advice', that has a suitable high tide;
  • Planning is well advanced to confirm a date on the Queensland and New South Wales Triathlon calendars;
  • With the 22 March Kingy Tri now being on hold and to be postponed, accordingly withdrawals, transfers, credits, and partial refunds are all on hold until a new date is set upon which everyone will be advised of their options;
  • Our office team will be available all weekend online or via 1300 28 29 49 to answer any questions;
  • Entries were temporarily closed yesterday and will not reopen until a new postponed date is confirmed (despite the high number of requests over night).

May I also urge you to please continue to support those shops who support the Kingy Tri. With the change of date this little community has just lost: youth employment opportunities, $16,000 for local clubs, and $1,500,000 in direct visitor spending. Additionally, 21% of our participants are first time visitors to Kingscliff who now will not be introduced for tourism or holidays (Source: Economic Research Report 24/11/2019 Kingscliff Triathlon).

We must also thank our sponsors for their support of the event, Tweed Shire Council, Tweed Holiday Parks, Conetix, ECN Technology, Scody, Hammer Nutrition, and Eyeline.

This was to be the biggest March Kingscliff Triathlon in history, with a total of over 6000 coming for a weekend of fun, including over 1500 competitors. We were particularly proud to have over 250 kids keen to have a crack and join the triathlon family. Thank you to everyone for your notes of support and understanding yesterday and today, and thank you in advance for your patience in the coming weeks. This has come as a disappointment to us all.

Again, our staff will be working this weekend to respond to any queries you have. Feel free to give us a call on 1300 28 29 49.

Mike Crawley | Race Director



Athlete Update: Friday 13 March 5.15pm (NSW)

We are awaiting further advice on the next steps for the Kingy Tri following the Prime Minister and COAG's press conference late today.

When we receive clarity on the next steps for the event, we will provide all athletes their options, be this to postpone the event or otherwise. Until such time we understand your concrete options, our facility to administer withdrawals from the event are on hold. Our team will be in the office throughout the weekend to answer any of your questions and queries.

Currently we have put our entry system on hold and restricted entries to our upcoming events.

Thank you for your understanding during this unprecedented time.

We will continue to communicate with you as soon as we have information to share.  The next scheduled communique is Monday 16 March at 5pm.

Mike Crawley | Race Director



Athlete Update: Friday 13 March 2.00pm (NSW)

We are all conscious of the rapidly changing health landscape and its potential impact on events.

This morning (Friday 13 March), the local management committee which oversees the delivery of the Kingscliff Triathlon met at 8.00am via teleconference to review next weekend’s event.

Although the Kingy Tri has been progressing according to planned milestones, the impact of the virus has become a growing focus of our attention over the past two weeks.

NXsports has progressively implemented additional hygiene and participant well-being standards at our other events in order to ensure the safety of all participants, volunteers, and crew.  Similarly, two phases of operational standard improvements were endorsed by the local management committee for the Kingy Tri.

In contrast to other spectator events and festivals, the Kingy Tri has a number of options to avoid large crowd gatherings in order to accommodate State and Federal Government health standards should they change.

At the time of writing, the Australian Government position (https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert) does not require events to be postponed and we will continue to adopt the Government's lead in this regard.

However we understand that the local policy may change and we are awaiting further advice.

We urge all participants to monitor this link and note that we have been advised by the event cancellation insurer - Event Protect (http://eventprotect.co/) - that the World Health Organisation declaration of a global pandemic is on their list of exclusions; we are awaiting formal written confirmation currently from Event Protect. 

Should there be a need to adjust the event delivery, or postpone any of our races and rides, we will immediately inform you.

Like all athletes, we are just keen to be outside and active, whether in the water, on the bike, or on the run.

We are well prepared to respond to changes and these will be communicated to you every two days via email commencing Monday at 9.00am. (*Today’s email information has also been forwarded to you via sms.)

I wish to thank each of you for supporting the Kingy Tri once again.

Mike Crawley | Race Director

 

enzh-CNfrjaptes

connect with us

our causes